We are the Community Ventures Society.
We are a non-profit (for-benefit) society serving the Tri-Cities and beyond (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Mission and Abbotsford). We provide Foster Families, Summer Camps, Respite, Life Skills, Community Inclusion, and Shared Living services to support people with developmental disabilities and their families.
Inclusive communities where people belong and have opportunities to contribute.
To open doors to opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families so that they live the life they choose.
We are committed to enhancing the quality of our services through advocacy, innovation and collaboration.
We strive to inspire the community to join us in creating positive social change.
We believe in the importance of community building.
We value relationships, dignity, quality, competence, excellence, flexibility, creativity, integrity and diversity.
We respect the privacy of participants, employees and organizational information.
We commit to truth, fairness, equity and respect for participants and their families, ourselves, our colleagues, and those with whom we are in contact.
We commit to developing and demonstrating our own leadership, within the organization and within our communities.
We support the role of advocacy in the pursuit of inclusive communities.
We believe that to support individuals, we must support their families and communities.
We commit to evidence based practice.
Outcomes We Desire
- People’s strengths and capacities are identified as foundations for continuous growth.
- Freedom, a sense of belonging, and interdependence within the community are supported and encouraged.
- People feel they are served as individuals who have a right to quality service.
- Opportunities for friendships and relationships are facilitated, supported and encouraged.
- Opportunities for employment and employment related training are facilitated, and supported.
- Honour people’s right to be heard and respect their preferences.
Family & Support
Families are recognised and supported as primary resources for their supported family members(s).
The participation of families and friends in planning is welcomed and supported.
Community at Large
- The community is informed about the importance of relationships, reciprocity and contribution. The development of relationships between other community members and persons with disabilities is facilitated.
- Government policy makers and funding bodies are informed on service needs, concerns, and priorities and, where necessary, advocacy is the path.
- The Board invites and facilitates input from participants, families, and the community to address their needs, concerns and priorities.
- Our interactions demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive community.
To Contact the Community Ventures Society:
Main Number is 604.939.8070
Fax is 604.939.8075
2322 St. Johns Street, Port Moody, British Columbia, V3H – 2A9
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am – 4:30, Monday to Friday. However, we are able to meet outside of office hours to meet the needs of families.
The Community Inclusion Emergency Contact number for sick calls for staff and participants is 604.218.8492. Please call by 7:30 am.
CVS’s Children’s, Shared Living and Finance is located at #207-2502 St. Johns Street, Port Moody (all mail goes to our Head Office)